*All Crave recipes are written by weight to keep our cookies as consistent as possible between locations.
- Add the following ingredients directly into the mixer
- 9 oz Sugar
- 3.5 oz Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Oil
- 1 Cups of Butter (room temperature)
MIX ON MEDIUM SPEED until butter is completely creamed and ingredients are all mixed together. This may take a few minutes, the texture should be very smooth (not dry and crumbly)
1b. Add the following to the mixer:
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 Tbsp Vanilla
Mix until dough is wet and eggs are evenly mixed in. Dough is ready for next step when there are no visible pools of egg in the bottom of the mixer
3. Add the following dry ingredients to your mixer:
- 27 oz of Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
4. Add the Dry Ingredients into the Wet Ingredients in the Mixer making sure all flour from the side of the bowl is mixed into the dough.
MIX ON LOW ONLY (OTHERWISE DRY INGREDIENTS SPLASH OUT)
DO NOT OVERMIX. It is VERY important that we mix just enough to make sure all of the flour is well mixed (small trails of flour are ok).
5. Roll into 3.2 oz balls and place in sections on cookie sheet.
6. Using a glass or the bottom of a measuring cup, spray the bottom of the cup with cooking spray, dip in sugar, and press down on cookies until the edges begin to crack.
7. Bake at 325 degrees in a convection oven (350 in a conventional oven) for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
8. Place on cooling rack. Your dough will remain soft for up to 30 mins and may seem underbaked. The dough will continue baking for a short period once removed from oven.
9. Once cooled cookies should be chilled in refrigerator before decorating.
- Soften 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
- Mix on high until whipped
- Add 1.5 Tbsp of vanilla while mixing on low.
*** IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS TO AVOID CHUNKS!! ***
- Add half of your powdered sugar to the bowl
- Add the second half of your powdered sugar to the bowl
- Add food coloring 1 drop at a time and continue mixing on high until you reach the desired color and texture
The Classic Sugar is served chilled. Once decorated, let your cookies chill in your fridge for at least 30 mins. Enjoy!